Hexmate question - what is the syntax to replicate what happens when I have a loadable?

Orunmila

Question

I have a MPLAB-X project which uses a loadable (it is combining my program with a bootloader which is in another project). 

I need to compile this project from the command line for CI automation. For the entire build process every command executed is nicely printed in the build window, but for the loadable it claims to be using Hexmate, but the command line to execute it is not shown at all.

Can anyone help me with the syntax using Hexmate to get the same behavior as adding the Loadable from MPLAB-X?

1 answer to this question

Oh by the way I figured this one out, I am surprized nobody jumped on this easy question!

The syntax for hexmate in this case was simply hexmate <file1> <file2> -o <outputname>

All I had to do was build the project from command line, pass to hexmate the resulting hex file as well as the bootloader hex file and it spits out the combination of the 2.

Hexmate is such a simple little program I felt like just writing a script to do what it is doing, but with the continuation addresses in .hex files it turns out using this versatile tool is by far the best solution!