Microforum Feedback

Orunmila

I am going to pin this post here in the Forum Help area for discussions on what members like or dislike about the setup of the site. We are limited by the capabilities of the forum software we use, but it is fairly flexible and we are trying to create a community where we have it configured the best way possible.

If you have any feedback please do post it over here so that we can investigate and see if we can improve it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PStechPaul said:

How can I upload or choose an avatar?

If you click on your profile (which you can do by clicking on the image or in the menu at the top right) you will see a circle with the first letter of your name on it, that is the default profile picture. In the left bottom corner of the picture (when in your profile view) there is a little icon you can click on to change the image.

9 hours ago, PStechPaul said:

Also, how can I request notification of replies, after post has been submitted?

To get to your e-mail notification settings, go to your profile menu (which is top right corner) and select "Account Settings". On the overview tab there is a menu on the right called "Notification Settings". Under this you can manage notifications.

You should be able to get to the menu from this link:

https://www.microforum.cc/notifications/options/

EDIT: Also since this was hard to find I added a menu item under the "Activity" menu so you can get to this more easily.

The initial motivation was to give an alternative to the MCHP forum which has always been a bit of a pain in the ass to use for a host of reasons, but we also wanted to cover AVR as so many projects are now being done to run on both AVR and PIC, so we expanded to that (and btw, I think AVRFreaks is not much better than the MCHP forums!).

We are posting mostly things that are relevant to our areas of expertise. The idea is to use a very laissez-faire approach here and let this site become what the community wants it to become. If you want to post on something which is any other microcontroller then go ahead and do it. I think it is relevant and will be interesting to the people who come here.